Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Worksheet Wednesday --- Writing Numbers

I encountered a perplexing dilemma in my class. I had a student who was able to do all of these things:
-receptively identify numbers up to 75 (for example, find 23 with a calendar)
-expressively identify numbers up to 75 (for example, what number is this?)
-count out from a larger set of 30 (for example, give me 15 bears)
-count items up to 50 (for example, how many cars are there?)

We have been working extensively on learning to add with this student.  He progressed to being able to able to add a two digit number to a single digit number (14+8=), however he would find the answer of 22 and then just look at an adult that was close by and repeat 22 over and over again. He knew the correct answer but had no idea how to print the numbers 20 onwards.

To tackle this perplexing dilemma, I created a set of worksheets where the student has to do 2 tasks but I am sure there are other ways of using these materials.


Task 1 - sequence numbers 0-30 on blank charts, there are a variety of column widths (3, 4, 5, and 6).  I have this task laminated and he arranged the number tiles to complete the series.

Task 2 - there are various grids that have missing numbers and the students in expected to print in the missing numbers.

Click here for the data sheet that I use in my classroom, it is not very fancy but it works for what I need it for.

If you would like to try this 10 page pack out for free you can go to:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fill-in-the-Numbers-1-30-1209995




I am linking up with Worksheet Wednesday through The Teaching Tribune.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see a post from you! My district bought a 3 year subscription to Unique last summer so the 13-14 school year was my first time using it. I loved your Day/Night sort that you posted about in the fall and used the idea for my bulletin board. I used several differentiated levels for my special ed primary class which goes from K to 3rd. Some used pictures only. Others used words and pictures, pictures with words to trace or pictures and write your own words. It was a huge success! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete