Friday, November 30, 2012

December Holidays

I can't believe it but I only have 12 days with my students before we are off for the Winter Break. 

We are going to be focusing on Hannukah and Christmas as these are the holidays that my students celebrate.  I have one student that does not celebrate anything so most of our activities while they can tie into one of the holidays they are still generic enough to go for either holiday.

Here are some of the activities that we will be doing.  We are not doing any baking/cooking so I am supplementing some of the activities with crafts I find online.

Hannukah:
Making a Star of David from Popsicle Sticks from The Education Center (you may need a free password)
http://www.theeducationcenter.com/tec/afc/my-files/mailbox/idea.do?DETAIL=06_dj09pri_dec

Christmas:
I bought a Foamie craft kit to make snowmen s'more ornaments.
They will look like this:
http://www.makingfriends.com/winter/ornament_smores.htm

For Lesson 19:
I have an Elmer's paint your own Gingerbread Ornaments.








No comments:

Post a Comment