Sunday, April 14, 2013

Planting a Rainbow and Planting Seeds

My students are going to be planting seeds this week - hopefully they will be up in time for Mother's Day and our gift will be all done!

IF they do not grow, I found this poem:

I planted some seeds in hopes that they'd grow,
Something went wrong, I just don't know...
Instead of some flowers, it's a cupful of dirt.
I love you - I hope your feelings aren't hurt!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

It is from: http://eberhartsexplorers.blogspot.ca/2011/05/happy-mothers-day.html

As a lead in activity I am going to be reading "Planting a Rainbow" by Lois Ehlert.  As luck would have it, I found this book on Bookflix (all Ontario school boards have free access through your school board and OSAPAC).  If you have access to this resource, it is under "Animals and Nature" and then it is on page 29-32.

No comments:

Post a Comment